Monday, April 21, 2008

Polygamy

I have always been intrigued by Polygamy. I know that sounds kind of weird but I could never understand how women would say that they were happy in that life style. Any time you see them being interviewed they say how much they enjoy their "sister wives." How there is no jealousy and how their lives are so peaceful and happy.
The past few weeks I have been watching the stories about the group in Texas . I am deeply disturbed! How can these ladies stand by and let the state come in and take their children. I know they didn't have control over that but they did have control over giving them the right information about their kids.
These mothers are so spineless that they gave several different names, they wouldn't tell birth dates, or marriage dates and they wouldn't name fathers. Why should we feel sorry for them when they wont even help themselves? Why not turn the men in so they could get their kids back?
Have you seen them talk? They are like robots, they have been "programed" to think and do whatever they are told.
These people are claiming that they haven't broke any laws. Umm, isn't marrying a 14 year old against the law? How about being married to more than one person? Last time I checked they were both illegal.
So, where does this leave the 416 children taken away from their homes and family? In a world they are taught to fear. With people who probably aren't equipped to fill their needs. In a "system" that is already overwhelmed.
It doesn't look like the problem is going to be solved for quite a while. So, I will continue to watch the news and read the papers and be frustrated at the mothers and fathers of this crazy community.

1 comment:

Kandice said...

what i hate about it is that the damn news media is saying FLDS this and FLDS that. Well the general public just automatically assumes. "hmmmm FLDS, those are those crazy mormons from Utah." I wish they would clarify that a little better.