When I was growing up, life seemed so easy. I went to school. My mom always had a nice dinner on the table every night. Monday and Fridays were laundry days, so after school we would have our pile of clothes to put away. We didn't have cable TV, so with only four channels the Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island were the shows to watch. On week-ends, my friends and I would always go to the roller rink and skate our little hearts out. Our neighborhood spent many hours playing in "wood stacks" behind my house. (there was a saddle company that used the wood for their business)
Life now seems so much more complicated. I feel like I have fallen short as a mother. Very rarely do we sit down as a whole family and have a "home"prepared meal. Of coarse, with two teenagers that work and a husband that coaches year around, we always have someone gone.
Sad to say it is Cheaper to get a pizza or two at Little Caeser's or a family combo at Taco Bell or "dollar menu" food at McDonald's. (We really need to stop eating "take out")
I wish I could be more organized like my mother. Even now with just my parents at home, she has her "daily routine" I have tried having a daily plan but something always gets in the way.
So, when do I do Laundry? When we are out of towels or someone needs clothes.
Some days the cleaning gets done, sometimes it doesn't. I hope that my children will always remember that even though life was kind of crazy, We still had time to talk. I feel I have a great relationship with each one of my kids. Everything I do, I have them in mind. So, to finish my post I would like to tell each one of my kids something I like about them..........
Garrison- I like that you are your "own person," you have your own style and don't care what other people think. You are very talented.
Shae-You are so friendly and sweet. Everyone always has good things to say about you and enjoys having you around. I enjoy our chats and going to concerts with you. ( and Lunch :)
Eli-You are so outgoing and active. There isn't a thing that you try that you aren't good at. I love to watch you run and play football. I know you don't think it is "cool" to give me hugs and kisses but I'm glad you still will.
Amelia-You are so smart and creative. You are always making projects to give to someone in the family. I love that you still like to snuggle. You will always be my sweet little "brown" baby! I Love You All!
1 comment:
Such a great post. I am so happy that other people are starting to get as deep and personal with their posts as I do...like everyday! You are a great mom Tara...I bet your kids think you are awesome, they are very lucky to have you.
Post a Comment