Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Band

Josh, Garrison and Jesse

Garrison is the drummer of a band named, Hero's Hero. He started playing with them close to two years ago. Last year they started practicing in our basement. There have been times that we have had dozens of kids here.
For Garrison's 16th B-day, They played a show and invited a bunch of friends. Gary had the "crazy" idea of letting them write on the wall. (he thought that it would be contained to an area off of the family room) well, it has grown and spread until it covers almost every wall. It is actually pretty cool. We set the rules that there can't be profanity or inappropriate things on the wall. The kids have been good at sticking to the rules.
I'm getting pretty tired of it though and plan to paint the walls soon. The band is also talking about maybe moving to another band members garage.
(ya, I think it is someone else's turn!!)
This weekend the band is "playing" a show at the Elk's Lodge. I know, I hear them all the time in the basement but I still like to go listen to them. I'm not going to be able to this time because Shae has her dance recital. Maybe we can catch a little bit of it.
I'm so proud of Garrison, he has been playing drums the same amount of time that he has been in the band. Josh taught him some things, he took one lesson and the rest is just what he has learned himself. I've tried to play and let me tell you, I am NOT coordinated when it comes to the drums!

No comments: