
Today is my Dad's birthday. I decided that I would share some things about him.
My dad is a huge prankster! When I was growing up he would always sneak up behind us when we were watching TV, and scare the crap out of us. One Halloween he dressed up and sat on the front porch and grabbed kids when they came to the door.
Another time, when he went to the Dentist, he put a nail in his mouth right before his x-ray, boy was the Dr. confused when he saw that show up on the film. I have always said he is the "Mexican" Bill Cosby. His kids and grand kids always think he is so funny. (My mom doesn't as much!)
As a teenager, I knew it was time to get home when I saw his car drive by. (He knew I hung out at JB's so he'd just drive by) That was way before cell phones! I also knew it was time to come in the house after a date when the porch light flickered on and off.
My Dad wasn't a member of the church until I was a teenager but he made sure we lived the "church standards." Since his baptism, he has been a High Counsel man & a Bishop. He has really been a good example.
He is a great cook. He's great at any thing barbecue, Chili Verde and his famous Jerky. He always makes sure that Shae and I each have our own bag for girls camp.
Every year my parents would take us on a 2week vacation. Now having my own kids, I wonder how they did it, financially and mentally. 2weeks in a truck and trailer traveling across the country sounds a little "crazy" to me, but those are some of the best memories that I have.
My Dad is like the Energizer bunny. He still works a full time job and manages to accomplish way more than I do. He's always busy doing yard work, house re model, maintenance on his "toys" and anything else he can think of. (He built the house that I grew up in)
I have the greatest Dad in the whole world!
Happy Birthday Dad!
3 comments:
I have to disagree with you, I have the best Dad in the world.
It amazes me how much I learned from Dad. Everytime I fix something myself, or find myself turning off a light in the kids' room I think of him.
Happy later B-Day Dad, you will always be my Hero.
LOL! I think of him too, everytime I tell the kids to turn the light off when they leave a room. :) Happy Birthday Dad!!
I think you have a pretty GREAT dad also!! I think I remember a few pranks too, like father like daughter ha ha. I am thankful for and love both of your parents they helped my mom raise me in high school and have been there for me and my family thru some important times. I cant wait until the weekend at the cabin when your dad can cook by dutch oven and bring some Jerky!! Let him know Kenz and I have girls camp in August!! ha ha
Christy
Post a Comment