Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last Day of School

Tomorrow is the Last Day of School. There have been so many activities going on. The older kids have had Yearbook signing parties. The younger one's have been having Programs and Field Trips.

Today was Eli's Talent show. As you can see, he played the guitar. He has had some lessons and enjoys just jamming in the basement. All the kids thought he was SOOO cool!
(And, He IS!) Hauling the AMP to the school just about killed me but I think it was worth it.

Eli was nervous to play in front of a crowd but he did a good job!!! Some of the other "talents" shared were, singing, dancing, piano playing, jumping on a pogo stick and putting feet behind the head. Good Job 5th Graders!
Amelia's program was yesterday. It was such a cute program. Her teacher (Mrs. Murray) really does a lot of cute things. In December they had a really cute Christmas program. This program was "cowboy" themed. The kids sang and did a couple of Square dances.

At the end of their final song, the boys spun the girls out and then when they spun back, they sat on the boys knee. I wasn't prepared for it and missed the "shot" (now this is a picture that I HAD to have) so after the kids came out, Logan's mom bribed him with $1.00 to pose again. It took some coaxing and chasing but we finally got him to do it. (OH Ya, I forgot to say that Amelia has a HUGE fatty crush on Logan) He's such a cutie!!

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

amelia and logan sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g... First comes love then comes marriage then comes the baby in the baby carriage....

The Galley's said...

Nice job Eli. I remember how nervous I was the first time I played in front of the entire school. Now you just need to write a song and sing it in front of the school. That was fun but a little bit scary.