Thursday, May 8, 2008

Program

Today, Amelia's class had their, "Tall Tale's Tea." This is where the children get to read their stories that they have written. It was so fun to listen to each of their stories and hear how creative (and funny) they are. After their program, the children served their parents, punch and cookies.
As a Mother's Day gift, Amelia gave me the cute little planter. (I'm impressed with what a great job she did. Each child was responsible for planting and taking care of their plant)
Along with the plant, I got some sweet letters. I would like to share them here because they were so sweet.

The one on the pink sheet.

M-magnificent, marvelous
O- obedient, overlove
T-talented, thankful
H-helpful, hero
E-excellent, exciting
R-rock, radiant

My Mom's the greatest because......She's very nice. She's fabulous. She's a super star. She's a good cook. She's a good mom. She's smart!!!!!

The white sheet.

Dear Mother,

You are the best mom in the whole world. You Rock. Thank you for cooking for us. Thank you for doing everything.
Yours Sincerely, Amelia

Nothing is as sweet as getting things like this from your children. I look back at all the "homemade" cards, hand prints, school pictures (made into ornaments) and feel a little sad that my kids are almost grown. I only have a few years and I will no longer receive these much cherished gifts. Someday, I will pass these items back to my children and hope that they enjoy a glimps back into their childhood. (I know that I enjoy looking back at mine and Gary's albums)

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Awww that is so sweet, their little handmade cards and gifts are the best. I love the flower pot Taylor brought home for me today.

Christine said...

Those are the best, aren't they? Gabriella's class had a little concert the other night, and the last song they sang was all about mothers - I was nearly in tears it was so sweet! She also made the cutest little flowers out of paper, that are made with cut-outs of her hand. They grow up so fast!

Amelia - I love your poem, and your letter! You did a great job on them!