Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day

Every Memorial Day we go camping. Not this year! If you live in the area, you know that the weather has been very unpredictable! It's probably a good thing we didn't go. My sister Tina had decided to come up for the week-end. While driving through Parley's Canyon, she had an Elk run into her car. She Drives a Mustang Convertible and seriously, she didn't hit it, it hit her!! The whole side of her car was destroyed!! (There was even a hoof print on the car)




Saturday morning my mom called and said that my Grandma Caroline had passed away. She lives in Kansas and has been sick for while. So, then we had to wait and get details of when the funeral will be.
So, Tomorrow, my Mom, Dad and sister (Monica) and I are heading to Kansas. I am dreading the drive but am looking forward to seeing family that I rarely see. It is going to take us a day and a half both ways. (What a long, fast trip!)

2 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Drive safe, have fun and enjoy your family. We will miss you around here

CheekySweetie said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma; I hope you get there safe and sound.

I had to laugh when I read about the elk, though. My mom was driving to her anniversary ceremony for the hospital she works at, which was at Tampa Palms Country Club, and a deer ran out and smacked into her driver door. She said the deer's face was smashed up against the window like some bad comedy, and she stopped, jumped out, and saw the deer stunned on the side of the road. Suddenly he jumped up and took off, and she was stuck with a broken driver door. And this was in a residential neighborhood, lol!