
Yesterday was an exciting day! My new "coke" design dishes were delivered.
After 19 years of marriage my dishes were miss matched and a little sad.
When we got married, We received two different sets of table settings. One set was correlle and the other stoneware. I don't know who told me that correlle was unbreakable but they were WRONG! not only does it break but it shatters into little dangerous shards of sharp glass.
(very unpleasant to step on) Stoneware is a little more durable but over the years they have dwindled away.
I finally decided I was ready for a change. Not only with my dishes but my whole kitchen. Gradually I want to repaint and decorate in "coke". I'm not in too big of a hurry because we have so much going this summer. I was just burned out on the "sunflower" decorations that I have had forever. I actually sold a lot of it at the yard sale.
My other option on dishes was...... paper. You can't go wrong with paper and the clean up is so easy. (That will be my second set) LOL :)When we got married, We received two different sets of table settings. One set was correlle and the other stoneware. I don't know who told me that correlle was unbreakable but they were WRONG! not only does it break but it shatters into little dangerous shards of sharp glass.
(very unpleasant to step on) Stoneware is a little more durable but over the years they have dwindled away.
I finally decided I was ready for a change. Not only with my dishes but my whole kitchen. Gradually I want to repaint and decorate in "coke". I'm not in too big of a hurry because we have so much going this summer. I was just burned out on the "sunflower" decorations that I have had forever. I actually sold a lot of it at the yard sale.
3 comments:
hey those are so stinking cute, I love em.
Those are so cute! I agree with the Correlle, I broke a bowl once and found shards for weeks.
Ok those are freaking cute dishes!!! I love them!
Post a Comment