
I want to write about the man I REALLY love...
Gary Galley.
Gary and I met November 28, 1985 at a Stake Dance. I was barely 16 he was 21. Because of our age difference, thats as far as it went. A slow dance and a short conversation.
That summer I was a "junior" camp leader at girls camp. I met Gary's little sister and we became buddies. (she was a first year)
***Fast forward two years***
My friend Joli Hatch and I were out dragging main one evening, we were right in front of the Library , I looked over and there he was, in the car next to me. I rolled down the window and yelled his name. We talked for a minute (what else can you do when you are driving down the road?) and that was it.
Gary admitted later that he remembered me but didn't remember my name. After finding out my name from Marcie he finally called.
One weekend when I was in town ( I lived in Salt Lake, Gary lived in Tabiona) I decided to go by Gary's parents to see if he was there. While I was talking to his Mom on the front porch, I looked up and there he was, driving his motorcycle toward us, with a GIRL on the back.
I probably would have left and let it go at that but Gary's mom said, "Don't worry about her, he doesn't even like her, they are just friends." (Thanks Mom!)
Gary said when he saw me there that day he said OH SH#%!!! How awkward was that moment? (girl on the bike, girl on the porch...what's a guy to do?)
I asked Gary on our first date. We drove my brother and his date to a dance and then we went to JB's for dessert. From that time on we saw each other every chance we could. We started dating in October, got Engaged Christmas day, and were Married April 29, 1989.
Gary is my "Density" (I said density because Gary loves it when George Mcfly says that in Back to the Future)....Destiny. I can't think of any one I would rather be married to. We go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.
Thank you Gary, for Loving me. For my four beautiful kids. For supporting me in everything I take on. For being you!!!
Gary, You are MY Density!!!!!
4 comments:
I am so glad you are blogging!!! It is so fun to read about your main men!
I am glad you got stuck into this weird family too so i can have someone to talk to about how weird they are!!!! jk
That was such a great post. That was a great love story. You 2 are a great couple. You are sure doing great at this blogging thing, and I have enjoyed reading about you. I love G2 (squared) too...lol. (g.j. made me put that) Have a great day!
Hey Sis, glad I got to be such a big part of your first date (I am assuming you meant me)
Congrats on your upcoming 19th Aniversary!
That was fun to read! Yes you and Gary are Perfect for each other!
Post a Comment