Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Traditions

My first Easter with the Galley family made me wonder "What kind of nutty family am I marrying into?"
We went to Goblin Valley to go camping. For their "egg hunt", Gary's sisters all brought out bags of candy and chucked it out in the clearing. (which was mostly dirt and sage brush) Then they had the kids run around and get as much candy as they could. I was thinking...Weird! Other traditions followed. Coloring dozens and dozens of eggs and then chucking them down a hill. (which now I think is a blast) You can't have enough eggs! We've hunted eggs in the dark, on the mountain & in the desert. The kids look forward to it every year BUT due to the weather and the fact that there is still too much snow on the mountain, this year is different.
What have we done so far?? The two older kids have worked, the two younger one have played with friends and Gary and I have painted. Not eggs, our bedroom. We are also "camping out" in the basement since our room is torn apart. So I guess in a way we are keeping up the "tradition."
Tomorrow we will go to my parents for Easter dinner and I'm sure Monday will be filled chores.
Good thing that "Spring Break" is short this year!

1 comment:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Hey, sounds like a fun time-

I will be leaving today for the week, so maybe we can do hair next week....