Friday, March 28, 2008

High School Days

Like Peggy Hill, I am a Substitute Teacher. I would love to win "Substitute Teacher of the Year" Just kidding, They don't have an award for that. and if they did Jacque Yost would win!!!
I am always amazed at how High School life never changes. There are still the "usual" clicks. Student Counsel, Jocks, Cheerleaders, Drill Team, Preppies, Drama Geek, Band Nerd, Cowboy, Loners, Sluts, Goth, Emo. (Some of those can be inter-changeable)
Year after year the cycle continues. The same kids run the school, the same kids do the sports and the same kids are the "slackers"
Then you graduate, go into the "big bad world" and your whole life changes. No one cares if you were the Student Body President, the Sterling Scholar or the guy who sat in the back of the class and never said a word.
I wish I could go back to High School knowing what I know now. I would totally do things differently. I would study more, play just a little less and I think I wouldn't be so worried about what other people thought of me. (Although, sometimes that is hard because I still worry about that.)
If I had any advice to give to my Teen readers, it would be.......be your self,and don't be afraid to try something out of your comfort zone. Go out there and have some FUN!!

No comments: