Shae competed in the Miss VJH contest this past Friday.
Here she is being announced along with her escort Matt. They were supposed to come up with an idea for t-shirts. Shae decided on a "tux" shirt for her and a "bikini" shirt for Matt.
The first event was burping. All the girls were pretty pitiful.
(come on Shae, I thought I raised you better than that!)
The next event was tie tying. The girls had to tie the tie around the boys neck.
Shae took first place. (Thanks to Gary's teaching and a lot of practice on Shae's part)
Self explanatory, Shae had to do it by herself because there was an odd amount of girls.
You could tell that she was nervous but she did a good job. 45 seconds was her time.
Trivia......Shae got about half of the questions right.
The one that I was impressed by was,
What is a Bogey? Shae knew the answer, She had just had a discussion with Garrison about it because of the Tiger Woods video game. Good job Shae!
Shae also took first place in the "scavenger hunt." That is where they were handed a list and then had to go in the audience and get the items.
The one that I was impressed by was,
What is a Bogey? Shae knew the answer, She had just had a discussion with Garrison about it because of the Tiger Woods video game. Good job Shae!
Shae also took first place in the "scavenger hunt." That is where they were handed a list and then had to go in the audience and get the items.
Doing their dance before the winner was announced.
WELL, We all thought that Shae was the winner. She had more firsts than anyone and she scored on everything else. SO, It was quite a surprise when they announced another girls name.
Later that afternoon, some of the members of Student Council admitted that they had "miscalculated" and Shae really should have won.
What ever the outcome, I am proud of Shae for not being afraid to be involved in school activities. Good Job, you are a winner in my eyes ALWAYS!!!!
Later that afternoon, some of the members of Student Council admitted that they had "miscalculated" and Shae really should have won.
What ever the outcome, I am proud of Shae for not being afraid to be involved in school activities. Good Job, you are a winner in my eyes ALWAYS!!!!
2 comments:
Go Shae!
Following in her old uncle's shoes I guess, since I was Mr. VJH (at least for the second assembly). We didn't have Miss VJH, but I'm sure I would have enjoyed it. Nice job Shae.
Post a Comment