Sunday, April 5, 2009

I guess it is time

Now that I have had a few days to process the accounts of this past Friday, I figured it was time to talk about it and get it out in the open.
Friday I get a call from Mandy asking me if I know why she is getting called into the GM's office. I seriously had no clue and was a bit surprised when she asked. I told her that it was probably to get info on another event that took place last week-end. (whole other drama that I wasn't involved in) I told her to give me a call as soon as she can to let me now what is going on. FAST FORWARD......Mandy calls and tells me that I will be getting called in also and the the Most Disgusting, Creepy Weirdo of a maintenance Man had turned us in for "causing" him to work in a hostile work environment. He was claiming that we constantly called him to the front desk to "talk dirty" to him and that he was uncomfortable with things he "over heard" us say. (which if he did hear anything, he took it out of context and was lurking behind the wall which he was very good at without being detected.) We caught him several times and had notified our boss, but nothing was ever said to him. Management knows that it was a lie but they said that they had to do the write up because something was reported. This is a guy that was caught looking up hard core porn in the business center, when he was on the clock. How Ironic!!!!!! We caught him several times and had notified our boss, but nothing was ever said to him.
So, We were told that we were going to be "written up" and put on probation. If we messed up once, no matter what it was, we could be fired and it would be on our record.
I was ANGRY!!! How can a guy make accusation, "management" know that he has embelished his statement and there not be an investigation. (I have seen several employees who have gotten away with murder, without much even said)
I feel like I have given 120% to the hotel and what do I get ? I got blindsided and was made to look like a harrasser. SO, I QUIT!!! I packed up my stuff, turned in my bank, handed in my access keys and walked out the door and so did Mandy! Im sad, Im hurt, Im in shock and I am unemployed!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Mandy had said that she was upset about something that happened at work. But all I have to say is GOOD FOR YOU for standing up for yourselves and not just letting the bosses walk all over you!

Mandy said...

we made the right decision.... didn't we???

What are we gonna do with ourselves?


Thanks for being my friend!!!

Kandice said...

I am glad I got to hear all the details...You know I have you and Mandy's backs....what losers they are there, seriously. They are gonna wish they were kissing your butts instead of watching you walk out the door.
I am all about being the bigger person...and you 2 have, but revenge is sweet sometimes too. I think you should report EVERYTHING....so the bosses will know that it was not your fault in any way. Good luck!

The Galley's said...

Hey what website was he looking at?j/k. It is a dumb rule and even more dumb they don't make exceptions. I know you'll do fine because last time I was in Vernal I saw that Burger King was hiring at $9 an hour.

Nate said...

Hey, this sucks. I show up Monday night to get my schedule and you guys are no where to be found. I'm now on a mission to get Rick fired. We need to talk.