Wednesday, April 29, 2009

20 Years of Wedded Bliss

20 years ago, I married the Man of my Dreams!
We started dating in October, got engaged Christmas Day and were married in April. It was a fast courtship but I knew he was THE one.
Like I have said before, Gary is my density!! (haha)
Let me share a few "stats" of the past 20 years.


*Since we have been married we have lived in 3 different towns. (SLC, Cedar City and Vernal)
*We have lived in 9 different houses/apts (10 if you count the house we lived in after the fire)
*We have had 10 Vehicles and 1 motorcycle.
*We have traveled to Colorado, Arizona, Wyoming, California, Nevada, Kansas and Mexico. (Gary has been to more than that but I just counted the ones we have been to together.)
*Gary has had 7 jobs, some of them part time. Tara has had 6 jobs.
*Gary got his bachelors and Masters Degree.
*We had 4 kids, Garrison, Shae, Eli and Amelia. 1 Miscarriage in between Shae and Eli.
*We have had one seriously ill child.
* Lost Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle, an In-law and a Nephew.
*We have had our house catch fire.
*Our kids have played basketball, football, baseball, hockey, soccer, golf, drums, guitar, piano, dance and a high school play.
*We have had 2 pets (not counting fish)
*We have been in 8 different wards. (Didn't want to add up the callings)
*We have had Many great friends (Most of them we still keep in contact with)
AND we have been through it all............Together!!!

I am just amazed at how fast time flies. It really feels like "just yesterday" and now we are getting ready to have a child turn 18. I am kissing 40 and wondering where all the time has gone. I am glad that I have had Gary by my side, he is level headed, supportive, funny, smart, strong and my Best Friend.

3 comments:

Kandice said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it, 20 years! You must be getting old or something....j/k :)

Mandy said...

Ohhhh, that was so sweet!!!

happy 20th!!!

Love you guys!

(great picture, by the way!)

The Galley's said...

Wow, I didn't realize how young I was when you got married, since that would have made me eleven. Congratulations, I think Gary found a mighty fine catch and vice versa.