Saturday, December 5, 2009

Eli turns 13

I am a couple of days late but I couldn't let Eli's Birthday go by without doing a blog about him....


Getting pregnant with Eli was a very scary thing. After having many tests after Shae's illness, we were told that there was a 1 in 4 chance that any child we had could have the same thing. Two years after I had Shae I had a miscarriage which did not help with the fear.
When I found out I was pregnant again I was scared, excited and ready for anything.


Morning of December 3, 1996
(I know I look horrid with those ugly glasses but look at that belly!)

Eli Reed Galley was born at 8:20 by C-section.
He carried on the Galley, blond hair blue eye theme.


Garrison and Shae LOVED their little brother!
It got to the point where I would have to put Eli in his car seat and set him inside my closet so that he could sleep without Shae waking him up and dragging him around. Garrison was a big help with taking care of him and helping me out.

Eli was a super good baby.
He was addicted to that ugly brown Binky. At that time the only place you could get one is at the hospital. I made many trips to the O.B. department to beg for a Binky when we couldn't find his.

Eli had a HUGE head. The nick name that I gave him was Eli Fudd.
He really did look like Elmer Fudd so it fit.
Good thing he finally grew in to his big melon!


He has always been an active energetic child.
He started skateboarding when he was 6 and has always been a daredevil.


(At a wedding Fashion show)



(Rocking out in the basement)

Look at how handsome he is! He has been such a joy!
Things about Eli........

When he was little he loved trucks.
He plays Basketball and Football.
He loves to Skateboard, Snowboard, 4-wheel, jump on the tram, work out, watch sports,play guitar, play x-box, hang out with his cousins, chop wood, watch the History and Discovery Channels and tease his sister Amelia.


I am so thankful for him and am lucky to have such a sweet, cute, smart kid!


2 comments:

Mandy said...

I was so excited that you blogged about ELI because I was curious if he liked his coat and other stuff. And you didn't even post it. WTH?

galleygrapevine said...

I totally spaced putting his birthday stuff on here....DUH! He LOVED all his snowboarding stuff and his Iron Gym. I also made him a big cheesecake. I'm glad he was so happy after the bike fiasco last year.
He is SO stinkin' cute!!!