In years past, I have run around trying to cram as much as I could into the ever shrinking winter day. Baking, wrapping, school parties, work parties, shopping, shopping shopping...etc and at the end of it all I was exhausted.
This year, things have changed (mostly because I just haven't felt like doing it all) I have done my major shopping on line and am hoping to spend minimal time at any of the "marts."
I chose NOT to do cards or a family letter (maybe I will do one after the "New Year") The extent of my baking is a pan of Rice Crispy treats for the ward party.
My Christmas decorations consist of our Christmas Tree, decorated on the 14th of December.
I know, you are all thinking that I am a Grinch. I really am not. I LOVE Christmas. I just hate that it has turned into such a busy time. We need to slow down and enjoy the Season. We need to focus more on the reason we are celebrating and not worry about if our lights are the best in the neighborhood or everyone within a five mile radius has received a plate of goodies from our family. Take time to "help" others, the feeling is better than any gift that you could possibly receive!
So, now you know that you won't be getting a cute card or yummy treats from the Galley's but someone out there just may be getting a better Christmas because we have made the choice to serve instead.
MERRY CHRISTMAS! from the Galley Family
1 comment:
Hi Tara,
Those pictures of Amelia are so cute! Wow, I can't believe she is 10 years old. We hope she had a great birthday. I love her last photo that is black and white.
Talk to you soon,
Mass
Post a Comment