Thursday, June 18, 2009

To sleep or not to sleep


WARNING!!!!
you are about to view the most hideously ugly photo EVER!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!


(I told you.....the thing in my nose measured nose and mouth breathing)


For years Gary and my family have been telling me that I needed to go have my sleep studied. I admit, I am the worst sleeper and in turn I always feel run down and tired. I finally decided that I want to feel better and get my health back on track. A couple of weeks ago, I went to my Dr and he ran about every blood test possible and had me set up my Sleep Study.
Monday Night was my night to spend at the clinic. For those of you who don't know what goes on there, I will tell you.

First of all .... I showed up at 9:00 and the tech was still hooking up the little old man that was in the other room. I sat and watched TV until it was my turn.
Then the tech came and started hooking me up to the endless wires. While visiting, I found out that her daughter had run Cross Country for Gary and that Shae had her husband as a Seminary teacher last year. There were some computer problems so I had to wait until they got figured out. Thanks goodness it worked or I would have had to go home and have it done at a later time.


(All these wires had a wire connected somewhere on my body)
Head, neck, chest,legs

The first part of the test was to see what type of sleep I get. The second part was to test me on the CPAP machine to see what levels it needs to be set at. It was the most restless night I have ever had. I felt like I didn't sleep at all but she said she got enough data.

Now for the REALLY weird part. I finished up and was home by 7:00am.
Later that night Shae got a text from one of her friends saying that Brother Johns wife had passed away in her sleep. (Brother Johns wife being the lady that did my test)
I was like, "that isn't possible" I was with her last night.
So, I called Brother Rust because he and Bro. Johns teach in the same building and sure enough the rumor was true. I guess she had gone home and went to bed and never woke up.
How weird is that!?! I just can't believe it!

5 comments:

Nate said...

So I went in like two weeks ago to have the same test. Just be grateful you don't have chest and leg hair (I hope you don't). When she pulled those off I could have sworn she took chunks of flesh off.
I've been wondering where my results are, and now I understand why they've been delayed.

Mandy said...

i cant get over it.... its just too weird.

Mandy said...

i should clarify.... the thing I cant get over is not the death of the lady... but THAT PICTURE!!!!

he he, jk

The Galley's said...

Maybe you just need to buy a Tempurpedic bed from me. Actually we have one and I'm still a horrible sleeper, but I blame that on the kids getting up all the time. That's just too sad for the family of the nurse.

~Christine~ said...

Gosh Tara! I hope the horrible nights sleep, sleep study thing worked for you! I've been saying for years that I need to do that because I maybe only get 4-5 hours of sleep a night and thats not all at once! LOL Should I try it?