Back in October we got our cute little cat, Winston.
Today he tragically died. I was going out to get my cell phone out of the car when I noticed him in the middle of the road. I was so worried that someone would come along and hit him again. I grabbed the snow shovel, went and scooped him up and laid him by our porch.
I have never dealt with the lose of an animal and I knew that my kids would be devastated. I wasn't sure what to do so I called Mandy. She came right down and we decided to walk down and get the kids from Brandon and Dannette's and let them know about Winston so we could come back and bury him. We all cried and said our good byes (I was surprised at how upset poor little Quayd was) Brett dug a hole in the back yard, then the kids went and sat on the front porch while Brett buried our cute little stupid cat.
My heart just aches for my kids! They raised him from a kitten and did everything with him.
Let me tell you a little about him............
*He loved to have neck rubbed, front and back. If you didn't do it right he would move around until you were in the right spot.
*He would bite on your arm for no reason.
*He loved to pounce on your toes when they were under the covers.
*You could carry on a conversation with him (we would talk and he would meow back)
*If he looked at you he would go cross eyed.
* He loved to torment Whiskey!
*He loved to sit on the back of the couch when the window was open so he could feel the fresh air.
*He always slept at the top of the stairs and then when he woke up and stretched, he would fall down the stairs.
*He loved to drink out of the toilet.
*He was afraid of snow.
*He loved cheetos.
*He would always go to the bathroom when we were cleaning the litter box. (it was so annoying)
*He loved to sleep in Eli's bed.
*He ran fast. He was always running through the house.
*He would chew your ankles in the morning if you didn't pay attention to him.
*He loved to sleep on the kids backpack or bags.
I could go on and on cause he was crazy, and funny and a little bit stupid but all I know is that no matter how annoying he was we all loved him and will miss him.
*He would bite on your arm for no reason.
*He loved to pounce on your toes when they were under the covers.
*You could carry on a conversation with him (we would talk and he would meow back)
*If he looked at you he would go cross eyed.
* He loved to torment Whiskey!
*He loved to sit on the back of the couch when the window was open so he could feel the fresh air.
*He always slept at the top of the stairs and then when he woke up and stretched, he would fall down the stairs.
*He loved to drink out of the toilet.
*He was afraid of snow.
*He loved cheetos.
*He would always go to the bathroom when we were cleaning the litter box. (it was so annoying)
*He loved to sleep in Eli's bed.
*He ran fast. He was always running through the house.
*He would chew your ankles in the morning if you didn't pay attention to him.
*He loved to sleep on the kids backpack or bags.
I could go on and on cause he was crazy, and funny and a little bit stupid but all I know is that no matter how annoying he was we all loved him and will miss him.
1 comment:
I am so sorry Tara. I hate losing pets. It is so so hard. Good luck. :)
Post a Comment