Sunday, November 9, 2008

Crazy for Coke

Odd things seem to always happen to me. So the events of this day weren't much of a surprise.
It all started out a few months ago when Mandy said she wanted to get rid of the Coke Machine that she had. Seeing that I am going to decorate my kitchen in Coke, I told her that I wanted to buy it. Well, I finally got Garrison and a few of his friends together to go pick it up.
They tried loading it into the back of the truck but it is super heavy. After about an hour they decided that it would probably be easier to just push it down to our house.
(you could hear them laughing and yelling all the way)

They had it on a dolly and were just in front of the house when they lost control. It rolled to the side BARELY missing my car. (look at how close it came to the bumper!) yikes!!!!
It seriously missed it by a hair.

Just as we were freaking out about the closeness of the machine, we see a coke truck drive by.
We laughed and pointed and then saw their break lights. WHAT?
Well, apparently, a lady down the street saw a group of boys pushing a machine down the street and called the company to tell them that one of their machines was being stolen. They were doing a follow up to the call. (They thought the whole thing was pretty funny)

Right after they pulled away, I looked down and guess what, I noticed I had my coke t-shirt on.
(I know I look like a dork, but it was funny!)

The boys got it stood back up and assessed the damage
(just minor scrapes)
and a bent door, nothing that can't be fixed.

Talking about how they are going to get it in the house and up the stairs.

Gary got home just in time, so he was able to join in with the fun.


(from left to right. Ross, Jesse, Jori and Garrison)

After being smashed against walls, toes jammed, laughing, probably swearing, lifting, grunting and strained muscles, the machine finally made it to it's destination. AND what did it cost me to have the boys do the moving? 4 Baconater sandwiches at Wendy's. Not bad at all!

3 comments:

The Galley's said...

How much are you going to charge for a coke out of your machine, so I know how much to bring next time I make it to Vernal?

galleygrapevine said...

right now it is set at a quarter. I will probably keep it at that. Start saving!

Mandy said...

You said "probably some swearing." I would like to clear up any confusion on this matter. I could hear them under my carport for about an hour deciding what they were going to do and I GUARANTEE there was LOTS OF SWEARING!!!!!

(he he he, and not just from Quayd. he he he)