As a mother of teenage boys, I have had to step in and help thembuys gifts for friends of the opposite sex.
(I refuse to let my boys be bad gift givers)
My first real intervention was last year. Garrison's girlfriend was graduating High School. Luckily I just happened to ask him what he planned on getting her, the answer.......
"I think I will just give her money, that way she can buy what she wants"
WRONG!!! Grandma's give money. Boyfriends give sweet, thoughtful gifts.
So, Garrison's sweet thoughtful gift ........ a sterling silver necklace.
Fast forward to Eli. He has a cute little friend named Sarah.
So far we have shopped for Christmas, Valentines and now her Birthday.
He always saves his own money and usually has in mind what he wants to buy.
Today he bought her some Jewelry. I asked him how he was going to wrap it.
He said " I am just going to leave it in this bag and hand it to her....WRONG!!!
No girl want to get a gift in a Wal-mart bag.
So, I made him buy a gift bag and he added some of her favorite snacks.
Although he may think that it was annoying and it cost him a few extra dollars,
he is a "thoughtful gift giver"
*Please share any good or bad gifts you have gotten from your significant other.
2 comments:
Thanks mom, Liezl didn't know that was your idea now thoughtful gift is now a gift from Garrison's Mom!
Garrison, I just steered you in the right direction. You picked it and paid for it. Still a thoughtful gift from loving boyfriend.
Post a Comment