Thursday, June 9, 2011

ahhh....Summer!


I can honestly say that the first few days after school let out, I was about ready to kill my kids.
I was already hearing "I'm bored," "There's nothing to do," "Can I have a friend over,"
"Can I have some money?" "blah,blah,blah" I was thinking that summer was going to be WAY too long BUT the kids have relaxed a bit and I am enjoying my summer more now.
I have been feeling guilty because Gary is up and gone every morning by 6:00am and I have been sleeping in until 9 or 10 (BUT oh it feels soooo good) I do start the morning shift next week (7:00am) so I might as well enjoy it while I can.
This morning Amelia came and got it bed with me after Gary left. We were facing each other and I told her that looking at her was like looking in a mirror. That turned into us "miming" each other, making faces and giggling. (I love times like this!)

Other things that make a summer great .......

Opening the windows and letting the breeze blow through the house.
Listening to the neighbor kids laugh and play in their yard.
Catching up on some much needed cleaning.
Drinking an ice cold Coke on a hot day.
Listening to MY children play and actually get along ALL day.
Not having a daily schedule.
and Cruising around on "skootie"

I know that there will be those days when I am at my wits end and I may need to give myself a timeout BUT I will take it one day at a time and enjoy the summer as much as possible.
Before I know it the kids will be back in school, life will be crazy and I will be wishing it was summer again!

3 comments:

CAM said...

Nothing like summer for sure. Both the good and the bad. Sad thing is I started looking at my calendar of crap I have to do over the next 2 months and now it feels like school starts tomorrow. Wish summer could last about 5 months.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a perfect summer to me! I wish it could last a lot longer! sniff sniff

Kate Weber said...

Tara! I didn't even know you had a blog! I'm pretty excited about it! Unfortunately it was a different Tara that won my giveaway. Plus, your hubby is totally talented and could totally whip something up for you! ;)

Love you!