Monday, June 20, 2011

lots of everything

The past Month has been CRAZY!

I am still trying to figure out how to juggle my new job, the house, family, church calling and everything else that I have going on in my life.

I will first tell a little about my job...
I can't tell much about my sweet little ladies (and a few men) due to the whole "privacy" thing but for the past month I have been working as a CNA at an "Assisted Living Facility"
(actually 2 different ones-same owner)
I work 2 days at one house and 2 days at the other.
I really enjoy the "residents."
My job consists of helping serve meals, showers, cleaning rooms and doing laundry...other things I get to do are watch movies with them, play games, do nails and visit.
***Wait a minute....I just realized that is what I do at home also....BUT the people I take care of at home are a lot younger and at home I do it for free!
Any Way, Working in "Old Lady Land" is lots of fun so far and let me tell you,
There is NEVER a dull moment!

On to other events...........
My sister Tina planned and successfully pulled off an AWESOME 50th Wedding Anniversary Weekend for my Parents. Their Anniversary isn't actually until October but it is much easier to get everyone together in the summer. (although getting 5 children, their spouses, 18 grand kids, 7 of their spouses and 10 Great Grand kids together still isn't easy)
She started planning about a year ago and everything turned out great!
We rented a place in Joseph Utah called The Old Church... It had 7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms a huge media/activity room (where the chapel used to be) a big kitchen/dining area and a lot of outdoor space. ( I didn't want to overload with pictures so I only put a few on here- I think between everyone about 2,000 pictures were taken)


Here is my family...Andrew, Me, Monica, Tina, Lesa
Mom and Dad
We are lined up according to age (and height lol)


Family pictures with Mom and Dad.
(My Grandma Liebhardt came for the day and we got pictures with her.)

Logan and Brooklyn making popcorn for the Pinewood Derby

Logan brought his Nacho Cheese machine and his Popcorn Machine.
I'm not sure how many "nachos" were eaten over the weekend
BUT I know it was a whole bunch!!


On Saturday afternoon, We had a Pinewood Derby
(Thanks Trevor for thinking of it)
There were 30 cars entered. My car was really bad but it was fun making it.
The winner of the race was Landon Linarte.
(my nephew Matthew's boy)

It was a great weekend, I enjoyed spending time with my family.

Shae's 18th Birthday came next..... My mom asked what we had planned since it was a BIG birthday for Shae. I hadn't made plans cause I didn't know what she would want to do.
Shae decided that she wanted to go to the lake. Grandma said she would do a BBQ for her after. SO, that's what we did.


Grandpa went and got a tube and a rope and we headed for the lake.
This is right after G-pa swerved to miss the buoy causing Shae to hit it instead. Good Times!!

We also had the Burns reunion recently but I have to admit that I didn't even take my camera.
I had one of my "clinicals" early that morning and didn't even think about it.
It was a lot of fun! It is always fun to hang out with the Burns Cousins!

Well, I think I am all caught up now. Although not for long. Chad is in town for a week, We have the Galley Family Reunion coming up. Then the Maestas Family Reunion (which I am in charge of) I need to still take my State Test and before I know it, school will be starting.

UGH, I swear the summer is gone already!

1 comment:

Logan & Lindy said...

4 Gallons of Cheese... 15 pounds of chips! =0)

Happy Birthday Shae!!!! Looks like SOO much fun!