When Gary and I were dating we went with his family to Goblin Valley for Easter.
I have to admit that I seriously thought that his sisters were all a little crazy!
WHY? you ask.......Well, the "average" person has an Easter egg hunt by filling plastic eggs with candy, hiding the eggs and then letting the kids "hunt" for them. Not Gary's family!!
His sister's got out BAGS of candy and chucked it all over.
(mind you, the ground at Goblin Valley is sandy dirt) Then all the kids ran around and picked up the goodies. That was their hunt!!
Then another year, we all went to a huge rock by Red Fleet and the family took dozens of colored eggs to the top and rolled or threw the eggs down the rock.
Now after 22 years of marriage I have to say....
I LOVE the crazy traditions and my kids LOVE them too!!!

Friday night we sat around the table coloring 26 dozen eggs.
(we invited Colton and Leizl to join us in the fun)
I have to admit that I seriously thought that his sisters were all a little crazy!
WHY? you ask.......Well, the "average" person has an Easter egg hunt by filling plastic eggs with candy, hiding the eggs and then letting the kids "hunt" for them. Not Gary's family!!
His sister's got out BAGS of candy and chucked it all over.
(mind you, the ground at Goblin Valley is sandy dirt) Then all the kids ran around and picked up the goodies. That was their hunt!!
Then another year, we all went to a huge rock by Red Fleet and the family took dozens of colored eggs to the top and rolled or threw the eggs down the rock.
Now after 22 years of marriage I have to say....
I LOVE the crazy traditions and my kids LOVE them too!!!
Friday night we sat around the table coloring 26 dozen eggs.
(we invited Colton and Leizl to join us in the fun)
We started out making multi colored eggs with fun designs but by the end we were just trying to get them colored and done.
the finished project!!
(our little scuba guys on the bottom right)
Everyone is waiting at the top of the rock.
The rock after
Waiting to cross the street for their "candy hunt"
So, Now every year I am a part of the traditions that I thought were so CRAZY!
and I wouldn't have it any other way.
3 comments:
Oh my that is a TON of eggs! Did you boil all of them also? How fun though I love dying Easter eggs! Seriously how did they come up with rolling eggs down a hill? That'so so funny! I love the candy idea saved from having to buy TONS of plastic eggs and feeling them up!
Lindy-Yes we boiled them all. It took F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!! Not sure when they started all the fun BUT it IS fun!!!
I love the scuba eggs! So creative! Did you have to go to multiple stores to get ALL the eggs lol!
Post a Comment