Tuesday, January 4, 2011


For anyone who doesn't know what "facebook" is....What rock have you been hiding under? jk
Even if you are not a part of the social network, I'm pretty sure you have probably heard of it.

First I would like to start with.....

Top 10 worst facebook status crimes

1. The song lyrics
This is a favorite of the teenage Facebooker. Lines from movie's are also very popular.


2. The Passive Aggression
Do you really think the object of your aggression is going to read what you've written, sensibly digest and modify their behavior accordingly? To date, it's never happened.

3. The information broadcast
It's okay to share information about your life BUT when it is continual bragging about how awesome your life is, get over yourself! We don't want to hear it!!!

4. The niche statement
It's a statement that does nothing but alienate those not privy to your world. Bad form.

5. The inappropriate information
There are some big things in life that deserve more than a sentence to the world. Death springs to mind, as does anything you wouldn't stand up on a chair and shout in the pub.

Reading a post that says ......"RIP, friends first name, we will miss you!" K, if you are going to post about it, give the details! Don't want to be morbid but now I am curious!

6. The ask me ask me ask me
Anything that implies you have a great big secret that you just *might* share with the world if asked counts as an Ask Me......I can't believe that just happened...

I HATE THESE POSTS.....20 people are going to ask you what is going on, so just start by telling us. I have seen this post lots. Sometimes the person never says what it means.....ANNOYING!!

7. The boredom update
One word answers are very seldom witty. Telling us you're tired, bored, sleepy, awake or excited is never going to set the world alight, and just looks like you're trying to remind people you're still alive.

8. The ...
I can never figure out if people mean to do that, or if they've accidentally updated when they didn't mean to. And if they did mean to, what they hell do they mean?

9. The linkbait
Putting links to sites, YouTube films and junk really annoys me. No doubt someone, somewhere clicks on it, but I never have.

I actually like to click on links.....There have been some pretty funny thing I have seen from hitting the link button.

10. The play-by-play
got up, ate breakfast, got kids on the bus, took a shower, etc...... We really don't need to know every part of your day...REALLY!!!

I don't know what I did before facebook. I am able to keep in touch with my siblings. I've been able to touch base with them daily, see what they are doing, what their kids are doing. I have also been able to find friends from the past that I have lost touch with and I have been able to connect with extended family members who I may only see once every 2 or 3 years. I LOVE IT!!

I think I need to go check my "wall"..........

So, people....get out there and please be responsible with your status updates!!!



2 comments:

Kandice said...

Hehe. I love that. SO true! Some people are just constantly begging for attention on FB.
I like it for all the same reasons you do....and other times I get a good chuckle at the weirdos on there.

galleygrapevine said...

I know I have a few people on mine that just drive me crazy but I LOVE to read their crazy posts. Then there are the people that un-friend you for NO reason. It's all good!! lol