Wednesday, January 12, 2011

11 on 1/11/11

Amelia's 11th Birthday was one that I think she will always remember.
Mostly because of the Date....1/11/11 but there were other reasons also......


Since she LOVES to bake, she chose to make her own cake.
When I asked her the other day what kind of cake she wanted she said....
"Mom, I'm going to make my own!"
then she proceeded to tell me what exactly to buy.


She made a double layer, yellow cake with orange and green icing.
She finished it off with white flowers and piping.
(Way to go Amelia!!)


Her friend Garrett brought her all these goodies!


This is Milli and Garrett.
He has remembered her on her Birthday every year since she was around 5yrs old.

Everything she got from us was ORANGE........fingernail polish,
sweater (she is wearing it in the cake photo) bath towels,
socks, i-pod, blanket....


This is her Minkie blanket...I LOVE the feel of Minkie, don't like sewing it much though!

I think Amelia had a great day, she took treats to school,made her own cake, had taco's for dinner, Grandma Galley and Grandpa & Grandma Maestas came over, lots of people wished her well on Facebook and she got tons of great stuff!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog!! Happy Birthday Amelia!!! What a neat birthday!

Chelsey said...

What a fun day!

Kandice said...

I clearly remember the day she was born. I was in your hubby's class and I had just found out I was prego with Hallie.
Wanna know something funny...I was cleaning out our church nursery this week and there was a box in there with toys and the shipping label was to Gary Galley....Wonder how that happened!?!

Massie said...

Amelia is so funny! I love the fact she made her own cake. She did a great job!