Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Getting ready for College


Last week we set off for another adventure to the Big City!
Garrison had an Orientation at the college and needed to get signed up for Fall classes.


We picked Garrison up in Duchesne.
(He has been working there for a few weeks and commutes every day)
He is still getting used to the early morning grind of having to work.


After attending different "help sessions" we were able to go online and pick classes.
I think Garrison is more excited about his Group Guitar class than he is any of his film classes!
I am glad that Gary has been through the process
and was able to give Garrison tips on how to plan classes.

We stayed by the E center. Which is also within walking distance to Hollywood Connection.
I figured the kids could hang out there and not be stuck in the hotel room all day.
We lucked out that is was $20.00 for an all day pass for a family of five.
I probably wouldn't pay full price ($19.99 all day pass/per person) but $5.00 a person,
you can't go wrong.

The kids (and Gary) rode rides.......


We played miniature golf........


and went ROLLERSKATING!




Let me just say, I have not been rollerskating since, well, probably forever!
(at least since Garrison was born) The Galley's used to have their Christmas Party at the old Roller Rink when it was here in Vernal. How long ago was that?
Any way, I was a bit wobbly at first but started to feel more sure of myself by the end.
The kids seemed to catch on pretty quick. I think we all had a good time.

Shae got to pick where we ate since it was her Birthday.
Shae chose Chili's.
We ate and then our waitress and the "crew" came to bring Shae her cake. It was SO funny because, just before they came to our table, she had left to go to the bathroom.
They didn't quite know what to do when she wasn't in her seat.
They left and waited for her to come back.

It was a full, fun day!

1 comment:

Massie said...

I can't believe Garrison is getting ready for college already! How are you doing with this ; )