Thursday, July 15, 2010

All about Paul


A few months ago, When we heard that Paul McCartney was coming to Utah, we decided that we HAD to get tickets. Gary and I had traveled (with our friends Pam & Tracy) to Phoenix 20 years ago to see him and LOVED the show.
Gary said he wanted to take the kids with us for this once in a lifetime chance ( or for us twice) to see him.
We found out that they were doing pre-sale tickets for people that used American Express (because they were a sponsor) or season ticket holders at Rio Tinto .....We were neither.

Were we going to be able to get tickets???

Well, the morning that the pre sale started, for some crazy reason, I looked up the Paul McCartney home page and lo and behold, tickets were available on that sight. I was freaking out! I went on and ordered tickets but was only able to buy 4 because of a limit they set. Then I called Gary and Pam to tell them where our tickets were and have them get more. Oddly enough, it went very smooth!

Now we just had to wait............

July 13, 2010 we set out for Salt Lake City. We ran a few errands, met the Lindquist's at Blue Iguana for dinner and headed to the show.......

I wish I would have taken pictures of the traffic, It was unreal! From about 70th south to 90th south, it was bumper to bumper, 3 lanes headed to the show. We were afraid that we wouldn't make it there on time.

Parking was crazy, sidewalks were packed, I have NEVER seen a crowd like that before.
(and I have been to a lot of concerts)


This billboard was on the freeway going South on I-15


Outside the stadium before the show


Some guy, Amelia, Garrison and Sydney


Shae and Eli


View from our seats


Waiting for the show to start. They were about 1/2 hour behind.


Finally...........


Absolutely AMAZING....68 years old, 3 hour show and NO breaks........


Paul told stories about Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, George Harrison,
Eric Clapton and his wife Linda.
He also talked to the crowd a lot.
This was their 200 show as a band and his very first time ever in Utah.

A few of my favorites of the night were....Hey Jude, The Long and Winding Road, his humor (he made a joke referring to polygamy
saying that some girls had a sign that said "will you marry US?"

Live and Let Die (Fireworks show was AWESOME!!)

Sadly the show had to end.
It was one of the best concerts I have seen. I Loved it, Gary Loved it and the kids Loved it.
I am so glad that we got to go as a family.

2 comments:

Massie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Massie said...

That's great you were able to go to the concert with the family. Looks like you had an awesome time.