
Yesterday, I got a call from one of my sweet little Eli's school teachers.
She informed me that he wasn't handing assignments in and he was being a distraction.
I told her I would be glad to go sit in class with him and she was ecstatic!
Eli had begged me not to go but I felt it was the only way to get his attention.
When I got to the school, I signed in at the front office, got my name tag and headed to his classroom. At first the kids were kinda laughing and thinking it was funny but then they just got used to me being there and it wasn't so bad.
I helped him get his assignment finished and he ACTUALLY survived!
Mrs S asked me to stay and help with her next class.
I decided I would since there were several of Eli's friends in the class.
They were mad that I sat and made them work but it was good for them too.
That class was even more out of control.
I just have to say that I am amazed at the disrespect and attitude of the youth today.
There were several that defiantly talked back.
I told a few of them that they needed a good back hand and they were in shock.
If you are a parent with a child in the school system. I suggest dropping in at least once to check on your child's actions. It may just surprise you.
I'm glad I went but hope I don't get another call asking me to come back!
3 comments:
you go girl.
I've heard of that being done in Primary classes in church (sitting by the rowdy one), but not in the public schools. Too bad so many parents are distant and unavailable. I'm glad you were there!
That is a funny story. I love your response you gave some of the kids. I'm sure it was needed ; )
Post a Comment