Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My new great-niece

Our family was blessed with a new bundle of joy on January 8, 2010. She didn't join us in the usual way.......We didn't have to wait 9 months. We actually didn't even know about her until about 2 months ago. My niece and her husband had been going through the process of adoption. They were told that it would probably take up to a year and a half before they would get a baby. SO, when they got the call that someone was interested in them, it was quite a surprise. Then when they found out that they had been picked, reality kicked in and they had to get moving. The due date was just around the corner. Everything happened so fast.

We were so excite to hear that she was born and that everything was going well. They had to wait for 72 hours after the birth for the papers to be signed . We held our breath, hoping that the birth mother wouldn't change her mind.
Everything went as planned and they were able to take her home from the hospital.

I know that the birth mother probably did the hardest thing that she will ever have to do BUT I am glad that she made the choice to give such a beautiful gift to my niece.
M has joined the ranks as #6 great grandchild. Girl #4.

3 comments:

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate said...

Do you know who they went through? Jolynn and I are looking to throw our hat in the old adoption ring again.

galleygrapevine said...

I'm not sure, she lives in Phoenix. I can ask if you want. She said that with the economy, people aren't adopting as much so it isn't taking as long.