Monday, January 11, 2010

Amelia's double digit B-day

Ten years ago, Amelia Janell joined our family.
She was just what we needed to complete our family.

Amelia was my smallest baby weighing in at 7 pounds.
She had dark hair, eyes and skin. Unlike any of the other kids.


Everyone just adored her.


Amelia has always been very energetic and busy. She loved playing in the kitchen. One of her favorite places to play was in the cupboard but she also love to climb on the table and counters. Nothing was safe. I had to resort to putting up a gate to keep her out of the kitchen.

Amelia was good at falling asleep ANYWHERE.
I have found her on the stairs (more than once)
in laundry, on luggage.
Whenever she was tired, she would just lay where she was and go to sleep.
Instead of a blanky she had to have a towel to sleep with.
Luckily she wasn't picky and would use any kind.



Amelia loves to fish, 4-wheel, camp, ride her bike, bake, garden and make messes.

Amelia has been Grandpa's "sidekick" since she was just little.
She goes fishing with him, helps him in the yard and rides all over the mountain with him on the 4-wheeler. She even has a hill they call Amelia's hill.

Amelia has taken dance and played soccer but hasn't really enjoyed any of that.
I think she would rather try out a new recipe or do something crafty.


Amelia is smart, silly, and strong headed.
(Once she makes up her mind, there is NO changing it!)
Her favorite color is purple. Her favorite ice cream is Vanilla.
Her favorite band is Cobra Star ship. If she could go anywhere in the world she would go to Hawaii and when she grows up she wants to be a Doctor or a Chef.

2 comments:

Kandice said...

Look how cute she is. Believe it or not, I can remember the day she was born. I was in your hubbys class at the time! He brought pictures back and was so proud!

Mandy said...

I remember when she was born too. So fun and cute and all of that! What a cute post!! We sure do like that little Mildred at our house!! <3