Friday, July 10, 2009

Busy Summer

We have had so much going on this summer.
Since my last post, Shae turned 16. It is SO nice that she is able to drive herself to work, run the kids around and run errands when I am not feeling like it. (which is a lot!)
We bought her an old Thunderbird. It is the perfect "teen driver" car.



Independence day really was "Independence" day for our family.
Garrison, Shae and Eli all went with their friends instead of watching the fireworks from Grandpa and Grandma Galley's front lawn. We still had Amelia with us. She had so much fun being able to light her own fireworks instead of her brothers doing it.

(I liked this picture of my nephew Drake.)

I have also been busy trying to get things ready for girls camp. I was called as the Stake Camp Director and it has been quite a time consuming effort. My friend Lori and I have really done a lot in the last couple of weeks (shopping, t-shirts, CPR training, meeting with the girls etc)
I think we are almost ready. whew!


Shae and her friends found this place on kids canal. It is on mill corner in Maeser.
Since the water continually flowing, there is just enough moss to make it slick.
Shae wanted me to go see it so I went with them to take picture.
It is a fun little place just off the side of the road.




Well, I would like to say that things will slow down
but I still have several things before summer is over..............

Maestas Family Reunion
Girls Camp
School Clothes Shopping
Galley Family Campout
Dentist Appointments
Build a new Deck
Finish the fireplace

and anything else that may pop up.

1 comment:

The Galley's said...

You should ask Marcie Shafer how awesome Thunderbirds are, although she didn't have hers too long. Also, how did I never know about the slide on Kid's Canal. I though I knew all the good swimming holes.