Sunday, August 2, 2009

Camp ROC (Rely on Christ)

Gary and Brother Stewart
Too Much ROC for one man!
This was their morning "roll call"

The theme for camp this year was Camp ROC (Rely on Christ)
Each ward was assigned a decade. When it was their turn for the devotional, they shared things that happened within that decade. Both in the world and in the church.
Every ward did a great job! I learned a lot of new things from the spotlights.


It is fun coming up with roll calls.
We used too much ROC for one hand as part of each of our roll calls.


The past couple of years the 5th year girls have made up a dance and then taught it to everyone.
This year the song was to Camp Rock. It was a fun dance but I still get confused when I do it.


Matt Bambrough was one of our guest speakers. He was AWESOME!!!
Shae liked that he was friends with Chad in High School
and that they were in the band Black Albino's.


Matt and Krista. Krista spoke too. She was AWESOME as well!


Shae on the zip line


Me on the zip line. It took me 5 years to get the courage to do this.
Shae really wanted me to so I did. I couldn't let her down.
I'm glad I did it, It was soooooo fun!!!

Since the new Value is Virtue, we wanted to do something special.
We gave everyone a Gold balloon and had them make a commitment to live a more virtuous life. Then we let the balloons go and sang I Love to see the Temple.
It was so cool!


The girls love it when the Priesthood Leaders play games and hang out. Here Brother Stewart, (counselor of 9th ward Bishopric) President Seitz (Stake President) and Gary (My cute husband) are playing a game with a few of the girls.

Camp this year was amazing!
We spent months planning and organizing and planning some more.
I feel it was successful. Hopefully the girls were able to learn and grow from their experience.

2 comments:

The Galley's said...

I've always wanted to do a zipline, but never had the chance. Maybe I'll crash the camp next year. I'm also jealous you got to see Matt and Krista. It's been a while since I've seen them.

Janice {Run Far} said...

believe it or not, but seeing all the girls camp pic make me so home sick. I miss Ashley Stake YW. I love the balloon idea, and now that I am in RS... well just got released and in Primary, I had no idea they added a new value. that is great.