I don't know how the month got away from me but it did.
I think it all started in November.
My brother usually comes for Thanksgiving and we do the Holly Days festivities.
That usually gets me started on getting me ready for the season BUT Andrew didn't come this year. I DID go to the craft fair but as for the down town activities or the trees for charity....
I was a no-show!
Along with that, I have had a house full of sick-o kids, I have picked up extra shifts
(cause everyone at work has been sick) and I will admit, I am a bit of a procrastinator.
That being said....I will let you know what else has been going on in our lives.
I think it all started in November.
My brother usually comes for Thanksgiving and we do the Holly Days festivities.
That usually gets me started on getting me ready for the season BUT Andrew didn't come this year. I DID go to the craft fair but as for the down town activities or the trees for charity....
I was a no-show!
Along with that, I have had a house full of sick-o kids, I have picked up extra shifts
(cause everyone at work has been sick) and I will admit, I am a bit of a procrastinator.
That being said....I will let you know what else has been going on in our lives.
Amelia is almost 12. I know CRAZY!She really has enjoyed her first year in middle school and is making all kinds of new friends.
She has taken a few "English style" riding lessons. She is a natural and really enjoys it.
Maybe after the winter season she will be able to go more consistently.
She is looking forward to moving into Young Women's and will be going
to her first year of girls camp.
She loves to to shop, bake, take pictures and hang out with friends.
Eli just turned 15.He just got his learners permit and is always asking to go practice his driving.
(Teaching kids to drive always causes me such anxiety!)
He still loves to skateboard and has recently started playing magic the gathering at the local game store. (I know magic is for nerds...lol) we tease him all the time about it.
Eli is a GREAT kid. He is always willing to jump up and give a helping hand.
He is still funny as ever!!!!

Shae is 18 and counting the days until school is over.
(I think she had "Senioritis" before she even started school)
She is the Senior Class President, FBLA Secretary and on the Yearbook Staff.
She was this years Homecoming Queen.
She is working part time as a Nanny for a family with 3 young boys.
College plans are still in the air. It looks like she is leaning towards
Dixie at the moment but we will see what happens.

Garrison moved back home just before Thanksgiving.
He had moved to Grand Junction to train for a management position at Sonic but once
he got there they jerked him around, put him in a different store and gave him the "crap" shifts.
He was willing to stick it out until he could find something else.
Then , on his way home from visiting his girlfriend in Logan. His car was hit by a run away tire on the freeway causing major damage. (he was lucky it didn't go thru his windshield)
Sonic was giving him a hard time for not making it back to GJ....(duh!!! he was in a car accident)
So he ended up not having a job.
He is now working at Kmart and trying to get some money saved.
Gary and I are basically doing the same ol', same ol'.....working, working working.
This year Gary is Coaching the 7th Grade Boys Basketball team instead of the Sophomores.
He made a deal that if they won their game they could shave his beard.
Well, they won so he got shaved. They had a blast shaving him!
I really enjoy my job. As of next Monday, we will have 9 residents.
(There are still 7 more rooms we need to fill)
This past month I had a health scare. I was told they found some abnormalities on my mammogram. I had to go in for more tests. After DAYS of torture waiting for the results,
the results came back clear. What a relief!!!!
So to finish out the 2011 year.
I have a few more days of work, my niece Amanda is getting married on the 29th.
(I am doing her flowers) and hopefully everyone in our house will be healthy.
Hope you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
and a GREAT year to come!
1 comment:
Hi Tara,
It was nice to read the updates and see how everyone is doing! Never a dull moment huh ; ) I'm glad everyone is safe and healthy from the recent events. We miss you guys! We are planning a trip in the Spring, so that will be nice.
Post a Comment