Wednesday, October 20, 2010
DEFINITION.....
Schmuck, a Yiddish word, has a range of meaning depending on context. In its most innocuous use, a schmuck is a person who does a stupid thing, in which case "dumb schmuck" is the appropriate expression.
Schmucky behavior also falls within a range of intentionality. Some schmucks carefully plan their bad behavior, some only a little, and some not at all.
I for one have no problem being the "dumb schmuck." I tend to be able to accomplish that without even thinking.
Example----I proceeded to tell the person that I THOUGHT was Garrison's landlord that "We wouldn't have problems if Garrison's Loser roommate would pay his bills" only to find out that the man I was talking to WAS Garrison's loser roommate. OOPS!
Twice now I have forgot that I was scheduled to sub. Luckily the first time was on "late start" day and I wasn't really late for school (but I was) and the other day was yesterday. I think I got ready in record time and only missed about the first 15 minutes of school.
So, Why do I do these schmucky things? I will blame it on the fact that I always have a million things going on..........work, kids, husband, sports, bills, housework, etc, etc, etc !
If you would like to join me in the "schmuck club" leave a message. We will see about getting you a membership (if I remember to check my comments) You will receive...a t-shirt (really you wont because I wont want to make them) a name tag (please make it yourself) and an unlimited supply of OOPS! I FORGOT gift bags. (a wal-mart sack from your latest shopping spree)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Count me in! I have forgotten birthdays, appts, and even lose my keys EVERY day!
Lately I feel like I am losing my mind trying to keep up with everything, and I only have ONE child! I don't know how you do it ; ) Hang in there!
I think I've been a member for a LONG time! Tandy calls it Mom-nesia. I'm at the point I can almost blame "old-timers." It's scarey to thing just how bad it will be further down the road!
Post a Comment