Wednesday, September 22, 2010

NO WIRE HANGERS!!!


Today I am going to give you a peak into my crazy little mind.......

The past couple of days I have been busy doing laundry and ironing. I usually do a few loads a day but never really get it all done....Well, I am close to the end BUT realize that I am almost out of hangers.
I am a bit obsessive about having color coded plastic hangers for our clothes. Each family member has a specific color.
Basic colors are really the best way to go. (white, blue, black etc) I have bought some cute colors over the years only to have them discontinued. (this really messes up my coding system)

Now, I am not as bad as Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest

Joan Crawford
: No... wire... hangers. What's wire hangers doing in this closet when I told you: no wire hangers EVER? ( as she precedes to drag out all of her daughters clothes and makes her clean up the mess)

I must admit that I do feel better when the closets are full of clothes and they are on the proper hanger.
Why don't I like wire hangers?
I don't like that they are flimsy.
I don't like that the hook part hurts when you get caught on it.
I just don't like them.

I really just like my plastic hangers!

5 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

You are soo funny!
I hate wire hangers also. I LOVE THe the color coding hangers for each person. I always try to match my hanger with the color of clothes that I have it on. White shirts white hangers, Pink hanger pink shirt then I got annoyed cause I never could get it matched up!!

~Christine~ said...

I don't like wire hangers either! I only have the plastic ones....but I don't have a color code system like you we just use whatever color! :)

~Christine~ said...

I don't like wire hangers either! I only have the plastic ones....but I don't have a color code system like you we just use whatever color! :)

Nate said...

I like plastic hangers, but their major hang up (get it?!?) is that they can only be used as a hanger. The possibilities with a wire hanger are virtually endless. Unlocking a car, fashioning custom wall hooks, a handy back scratcher, etc, etc.
With plastic, pretty much all you've got is a hanger.

galleygrapevine said...

Nate, you are correct. There have been times when I am in need of a wire hanger and I am SOL. Other uses for a wire hanger...........Marshmallow roaster, drain un clogger, toothpick, channel changer.......optional uses are endless. lol