Thursday, September 9, 2010

Holiday and Homecoming

This past week-end, we went camping with the Galley family.
Sadly it was only the second time this summer that we were able to go and now it is time to winterize the trailer and get it ready for the cold winter ahead.

It was a VERY relaxing, enjoyable 3 days on the mountain.
I took a nap every day (with the cool breeze blowing through the trailer)
The kids played with cousins, visited g-ma and g-pa Maestas (they were at Range study)
The kids rode 4- wheelers. We had good food, played games, visited, and enjoyed having NOTHING to do. No computer, no TV, a little bit of phone. It was perfect!

I guess that it was good I got all that rest because when we got back, I had tons to do and haven't stopped yet..........Why?

Because it is HOMECOMING week and Shae is Junior Class President........

Monday-- We kicked of the week by starting the Junior Class Float. Mrs Shumway is the Junior advisor and is totally on the ball and AWESOME.
She and her husband got the 2 by 4's and chicken wire on the trailer so that we could start stuffing it with napkins. (It is totally cool but I can't reveal a photo or the idea of the float until it is seen in the parade. (I will post them in a few days.)

Tuesday-I subbed, Shae was in charge of the Alumni assembly, we worked on the float, Eli had a football game (his team won) worked on the float some more, got home around 10:30.

Wednesday- Subbed again, went and worked on the float, ran a ton of errands, went to community game night (Student Council sponsored a fun event at the school) got home at a decent time but was EXHAUSTED.

So, What do we have going for the next few days.......... tonight is the Pep Rally.
(not going to go)

Friday.....parade, maybe a tailgate party, Football game.

Saturday- Dance.

Sunday- REST


3 comments:

Massie said...

Holy Cow, I don't know where to start on this posting. 1st- I love your blog designs. I need to call you for ideas ; ) 2nd- I'm jelous about your naps with a cool breeze. I don't know what a cool breeze feels like lol!
and 3rd- talk about a CRAZY BUSY week. I'm sure Shae loves you helping her out so much. Although tiring, I bet it has been fun. I can't wait to see more pictures of Homecoming week.

Linda Liebhardt said...

Wow. You make me tired just READING your posts. Wow again.
And why a toilet on the float? A toilet? Really?

galleygrapevine said...

We played Union, our "rival" school and we just felt that "FLUSHING" them was very appropriate!